Monday, November 1, 2010

Do I have what it takes?

Okay do I have what it takes to win a marathon?? I am 5'4 and a former cross country runner. In high school, I was the fastest girl on our team (no matter that our team had 2 girls on it). I keep in good shape, P90X hey:) and workout daily, I've been running again but my preferred activity is walking with a book on tape. Been feeling very old lately because numerous people have laughed at my cd player, but I like it, it's sturdy and reliable and I would hate for all those books on the cd at the library to not get a chance.

You may be thinking this girl is crazy, how can she an average individual win a marathon. Well, let me just say I have had shining moments in the past and am ready to feel that glow of success again. I was part of a record holding group for how many people could fit in a VW bug. Just this year my brother and I were the
cornhole champion 10th week Camp Michigania (we were mostly playing against parent/child teams, but we did have a hell of a game)
Kickball ( yes there are adult kickball leagues out there, sign up!!!!)

Realistically do I have a chance? Fooled you strike the realistically out of that sentence, reality is what you make it. 4 minute mile couldn't be done, after it happened than everyone started breaking the record. I did look up ages and weights of female marathon winners and the average age is 28 and weight is below average so for my height 110lbs. I'm above that so I may have to cut back on the Taco Bell, ugh:(


Now the other part of the title
Do I have what it takes to be a contestant on the Amazing Race? The answer is yes, yes and yes. Unfortunately the producers do not realize this yet, despite numerous videos sent in. I can understand why I wasn't chosen for Survivor (dance dance revolution skills might not be something to highlight in a two minute video, but I was getting so good I wanted to show it off) and why a live audition for the Amazing Race didn't go well (I happened to forget the city I was from and danced a horrible jig). But I have noticed many recent contestants are not just average people but are doing or have done something pretty amazing, pagent winners, tv hosts, father and sons. So being a marathon winner might give me a step up. In future blogs I will need your help giving you descriptions of possible running mates and asking you to vote on who would give us the best chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment